I know my body and I was right

 I finally had the special new endometriosis test my specialist had requested for me last year. Took a year to finally get in and get it done. 

It’s a new ultrasound that can detect endometriosis. 

Was I informed it would be an internal ultrasound….of course not. What a lovely surprise that was. Ugh. No warning for that. 

The nurses were lovely and respectful. They did their best to inform me of every step during the procedure. But wow, that was invasive and painful. I have a high pain tolerance, but I did have to ask them for a break because it got so bad. 

On to the results. I am not crazy and I really wish my doctors would just listen to me when I say something. I have been saying for months now, that I could feel endometriosis. But I was constantly told, they got it all. It’s gone. They got it all.

Guess what….its either grown back or they didn’t get it all. Either way, I was right and it wasn’t  phantom pain like they kept trying to make me believe. Now I have the medical test to prove it. Can doctors please just listen to their patients? In all fairness, my specialist is taking over from my original specialist. Not sure what happened to them, they performed my surgery and then I never saw them again. I got my new specialist and here we are.

Guess I get to have a surgery again with my new one now. I have another appointment in a few weeks to say yes I do want surgery. Why the heck wouldn’t I? I’m not going to accept living in pain. I want this dealt with now. Hopefully I won’t have to wait long for this surgery. But it’s Canada health care, it’ll still probably be months or even a year. As always, I’ll put my name down for cancellations and hope I get lucky again like I have in the past. 

But it’s nice to feel validated. I know my body, I know the pain that is period, upset stomach and yes, I can tell endometriosis pain apart from them. The validation is sometimes the most healing part about this crazy illness. Being able to say “see, it’s still there and I’m not lying”. 

Fingers crossed for my next appointments. 

Comments

Popular Posts