Flare up Diary # 5
I had my pain all day. Well, all weekend, actually it doesn’t really give me a break. What I should say is I had my normal level of pain that is manageable all day.
I was active and did so much. Laundry, sweeping, walking the dogs, dishes and baking! Look at me go!
I fell asleep early on the couch. Meh, means I get a good nights rest right?
Wrong!
Maybe two hours after I fell asleep. I woke up from a dead sleep to excruciating pain in my pelvis. BOTH sides were angry. From a dead sleep I woke up crying. My poor husband was so concerned.
It felt like my insides were being ripped downwards and twisted. At first I thought I needed to go the bathroom. I hobbled my way to the bathroom, bent over at a 90 degree angle because I couldn’t stand straight. Once there, sitting was so painful, I felt like someone took a barb wired baseball bat and shoved it up my butt. I spent maybe 30 minutes trying to go to the bathroom. I got such a searing pain. It felt like someone took a red hot iron poker and shoved it in my stomach and was letting it sizzle and cook my insides. I wasn’t able to go to the bathroom. Probably didn’t even need too go, but I just wanted some comfort.
I crawled back to the couch. Tears streaming down my face. My husband got my heating pad ready, Tylenol and Advil, and my new “zappy”( similar to a Dr Ho). He helped adjust me on the couch until I was able to tolerate some type of fetal laying position. Then I spent the hour crying.
My new zappy is a game changer. I turned it on, as high as I thought I needed and Zap, Zap Zap. I could feel some of my muscles in my pelvis relax a little. It took almost 45 minutes before my stomach muscles unclenches enough for me to lay down on my back. After awhile, my stomach slowly started to unclench. I started to feel a bit better. Then I must’ve passed out from exhaustion. I woke up on the couch, still with my heating pad, hooked up to my zappy with my husband. He spent the whole night turning everything on or off and trying to help keep me comfortable so I could sleep. I don’t know what I did to deserve such an amazing husband. But I am forever grateful for him.
2 hours with my zappy and my heating pad. Roughly 3-4 hours in total of this flare up. This was a short Flare up, that luckily happened while at home late in the evening. Praying tomorrow it doesn’t show its ugly head again.
Comments
Post a Comment