Flare up Diary # 7
This is late as I was away when this flare up happened. But I still want to share.
I was away for a friend’s Bachelorette. We were out on the town, dancing and drinking. So much fun! We were gone for a few nights. I was extremely excited to go.
Night 2, we were all dressed up for a fancy dinner at a restaurant. I was enjoying myself as I chatted with my friends about what we would do that night. Go to another bar? Possibly some karaoke? Who knows!
I was enjoying my meal, when suddenly, I felt like someone stuck a hot fork into my left side. It was so sharp and intense. A 4 on my pain scale. I tried going to the bathroom, with no relief. I managed to get back to the table. But I was sitting hunched over now. My friends all noticed and asked if I was okay. I tried to play it off like it was nothing. Hoping it would only last a short period of time.
Within 20 minutes, my pain had escalated to a 6 and I could barely stand. One of my friends was kind enough to help me walk to the Uber and get me back to the hotel. Once inside our room, I had to crawl to get my zap machine and heating pad from my suitcase. My friend help set me up on the bed and that’s where I sat for the rest of the night. I watched my friends get dressed up and ready for a night on the town while I saw in bed trying not to cry.
I fell asleep at some point. My pain had dropped down to a 4 allowing me some rest. I woke up at 6am ish to a pain scale of 7 that brought tears to my eyes. I couldn’t stop myself and started crying curled up in the fetal position. My zap machine and heating pad didn’t offer any relief. I was like this until 10:30-11.
Finally, I felt relief. The pain backed off to a 2, my normal daily pain level. I was able to eat some food and keep it down. I took a nap and I felt okay enough to go out with my friends.
They caught me up on everything they did the night before. But I hated how I missed everything and had to sit alone. I would never asked them to miss out on something for me, nor would I want them too. But lonely and intense pain are a lethal combination.
Comments
Post a Comment