Rare occasion - minimal pain
I am scared to write this post. Because I’m scared that the pain will sneak in right after I say this. Because I am unconditionally happy right now.
I have had an amazing weekend! Not only was I busy, got to see friends and enjoy a bonfire. The main thing is, my pain levels were so low….almost no pain. Almost! It hasn’t been this light in over a year!
Friday my pain was very bad! I went to Emerg for help. Needle in the arm and 10 minutes later I didn’t care what pain I was in. A few hours later it wore off after a nap. The pain, surprisingly, stayed away!
I was able to enjoy my Friday evening. Friday morning, I did not think I was going to have a good weekend. I thought I was cancelling(again) on my friends.
Saturday, I woke up cautiously. Scared if I moved the wrong way, I would pay the price. Minimal pain, level 1 on my pain scale. Dare I say a 0.5? I went to my friends bridal shower, my friends sons birthday party AND I went back out to a friends house to hang out. Pain stayed manageable.
By this point in time, I’m just riding this high of having such minimal pain I didn’t care! Sunday, woke up, some discomfort, but it disappeared within an hour. Went to the city with some friends and watched a show. Pain continued to be manageable. What is going on? What is this sorcery?
I don’t dare question it too much. I have had such an amazing weekend. I’ll just appreciate this amazing historical moment, where I was actually comfortable for multiple days in a row while being very active! There is hope maybe? Who knows! But I’ll take this win for now.
Comments
Post a Comment