Surprise, your surgery is now in 5 days

 In January of 2021, I got the call! Hospitals were able to start doing elective and non emergency surgeries again! My surgery was booked for the end April. I was so relieved. So happy! It is finally happening! Just had to make it until April. 

It couldn’t come fast enough! I actually made a Tik Tok video of a countdown because I was so excited.

First week of March, on a Friday night, I had made plans to go to a friends house for the evening. Girls night and a bonfire, should be lots of fun. My pain was manageable all day so I wasn’t concerned or anything. 

I was getting ready to leave, when out of nowhere. It felt like someone took a railroad stake and jammed it into the right side of my Pelvis. I dropped to the ground from how intense the pain was. With me suspecting I had Endometriosis, I assumed it was a bad flare up or I needed to go to the bathroom. I crawled to my bathroom and tried to find some relief. Nothing. I couldn’t stand back up. The pain was getting worst and worst. I was dizzy, light headed, nauseous and began screaming from the pain. I screamed as if I was being attacked by someone because it was so unbearable. My husband was out, I called him and told him what was going on and that I needed help. I was hysterical at this point. He felt helpless as He was away for work about 4 hours away. So he called my neighbour to come over and help me. By this point in time, I had collapsed in the bathroom and was seizing and screaming. 

I heard my door open and my neighbour’s voice. Thank goodness for this amazing woman! She found me on the floor in a state I wish to never be in again. I told her I needed to go to the hospital, something was different and definitely wrong. 

She helped me get dressed and to my Jeep. Due to Covid, I knew she couldn’t come with me inside the hospital and didn’t want her stranded in a parking lot for unknown hours, or have to come back and get me. I hate myself sometimes, this was not safe or smart of me, for some IDIOTIC reason, I insisted I was fine enough to drive myself there. I was NOT. But somehow, with my four ways on and driving stupid slow, I got myself to the hospital. I had to call the hospital to have a nurse come out to help me go in the building because I couldn’t walk or stand. Wheeee I get to ride a wheelchair. Any other time I would act like a kid and do wheelies, not this time. I spent the evening in emergency. They gave me a needle, no idea what. But I didn’t care. I felt great after they gave it to me. World was great. Life was great. I was having a great time there all the sudden. They kept me overnight because they wanted to do an Ultra sound and the technician came in at 7am and they wanted me done first. So I spent the night, whenever the medication wore off, I would be screaming and crying. Then they would dose me again, I felt great and passed out. 

The next morning the lovely nurses wheeled me to the Ultra Sound testing area. I was exhausted and grumpy. Poor technician. She deserves so much better. I wasn’t rude, I just wasn’t friendly and didn’t want to make small talk. Plus I found out I had to have an Internal ultra sound done as well. Not my favourite. 

Finished up the Ultra sound and they send me home with pain medication. My doctor would be in touch soon. 

Monday morning, my surgeon called me. The hospital had sent over my results and information from the weekend. I had a Complex cyst that was about the size of a pinky fingernail on my right ovary. My ovary had also twisted and untwisted itself from the weight of the cyst…umm ouch. My surgery wasn’t in April now, it was moved, it was now in 5 days. If I developed a fever or started throwing up before then, I was to head to emergency, call her and we would be doing surgery that day.

And just like that, my non-emergency surgery became a slight emergency and I got my surgery date bumped by 6 weeks. I had 5 days to prepare and notify work. I had to monitor the pain levels in case my Ovary twisted again. I was so scared for those 5 days. What was going to happen?! 

Comments

Popular Posts