Covid and Endo
I guess I can officially write this one now.
Let’s start with my 1st round of Covid. I caught it earlier in 2022 in May.
When it first appeared, my symptoms were strictly body aches and exhaustion. It took me about 2 days before I realized I was sick. I just assumed I was overtired from work and lack of sleep. Then it became clear I had Covid. More symptoms popped up for me, but overall, my flare ups remained the same. I didn’t notice them getting worst or disappearing. A week later I felt better and I thought that was it.
Let’s fast forward to October. Now it’s flu season in Canada and I work at a Daycare. It doesn’t matter how careful I am, the kids have stopped wearing masks and parents don’t keep their kids home when their sick. It didn’t take long before I felt like crap.
I took another Covid test, thinking there was no way I caught it a second time. Guess who was positive, me. So I prepared for what I thought was going to happen. Body aches, sleep and just feeling run down.
Not this time.
First thing I noticed was my flare ups felt spicy all the time. Constant heat and ache on my left side. Going the bathroom became a huge problem, I could go, but the pain from flare ups felt like I was being sawed in half. Then symptoms started appearing. Fever, cough, sore throat, my nose and exhaustion. I could barely keep my head up or my eyes open.
My flare ups were never extreme, but they presented different. I couldn’t stand straight but I wasn’t hunched. I had a weird twist. It was the only way I could tolerate. Anything other than sweatpants was out of the question because I was so swollen from Endo belly. But the worst symptom I had was back pain from flare ups. I thought I threw my back. I had heating pads and my zap machine. Nothing helped. I couldn’t massage my stomach due to the inflammation.
The pain itself from my flare ups, remained about a 4. A tolerable level of pain. But it was constant, no break. It felt hot, constantly. I swear there was fire or infection or something. Food sensitivities was heightened, either from flare ups or Covid. But I couldn’t keep anything down.
One night, after my 2nd week of being sick, I woke up to my worst fear. A level 8 flare up that was presenting like an exorcism. The pain coming in waves. I began seizing and curling into a ball. I tried to breath and stay calm. Physio, massage, bathroom, I tried my regular things the doctors all swear helps. And nothing did. After 2 hours of constant seizing, I must’ve woken my husband up by accident. He said he heard me screaming and crying. Knowing there was only so much he could do, he held me and tried his best to help. I felt pathetic. I was so weak from being sick, so tired from Covid and now I was a mess from a flare up. I begged and cried for an unknown time.
I must’ve passed out. I woke up on the couch and my husband had tucked me in. I couldn’t even turn my head. My stomach felt like someone had jumped up and down on it like a trampoline. My left hip felt like I had a nail hammered into it. I honestly hoped I was dead. That’s how bad I felt.
Covid seemed to progress into walking pneumonia. Which I had to google because I hadn’t even heard of it before. That’s where I currently am. On my 3rd week of being sick. 3rd week of a constant flare up with no relief. I’m scared of the bathroom. I’m scared to eat. It hurts to move. My stomach feels like a boiling pot of water inside me.
One more month until I finally meet with a specialist. One more month. Please, please, please help me! Universe! Hear me! Please let this doctor be able to do something to help me!
Comments
Post a Comment