Specialist appointment

My specialist appointment was postponed. I had to wait until December 16th 2022. It was only another few weeks. I could wait.

The day finally came. Because I was seeing my first male surgeon, and with how that had gone down in the past. I brought my husband with me this time. I wasn’t dealing with that nonsense of “how does your husband feel”, “what about kids”. We were ready to nip that in the butt as soon as possible. 

I took the day off work. I had prepared another folder with all my blood work, Test results,  MRI scans, previous surgery notes, how it affects my employment and recent job changes etc. anything we could thing of. We had it all together neatly in a folder. Ready to hand to him.

He was very welcoming and professional. Asked me some basic questions and reviewed some of my test results and my surgery notes. He was about to say something about kids, but then he read that I was snipped and he stopped. That conversation was clearly not needed and he knew it.
He performed an exam, which was very painful. He used some big fancy doctor words, but long story short, my muscles in my pelvis are always tense and tight. Which contributes to the leg, back and extreme cramps my flare ups cause. He agreed I needed incision surgery and suggest Pelvic Physiotherapy to help with pain management. We booked a follow up appointment for April. Hopefully then I’ll be given a surgery date? I’m not sure what I’m to do now? Just wait till April? I’ve been waiting for the physiotherapist to call but haven’t heard from them. So I’ll be reaching out to the doctor again. 
But overall, I was presently surprised by how the appointment went and happy with the results. 
I felt horrible after due to the exam and spent the night at home. 
He seemed to listen and have a plan.
So I remain hopeful.
However, I’m in Canada. So I know nothing will happen fast or soon. 
So we are back to waiting 

Comments

Popular Posts