Flare up Diary #10
Old entry I forgot to post from a few weeks ago.
It has been a weekend. This flare up, it just wouldn’t go away. I would think I was feeling better, then it would come back with a vengeance.
It started Friday. I woke up in pain and had a hard time sitting up in bed. Felt like a small fire was inside my body near my left hip. My left leg didn’t like supporting my body or just didn’t like working. So I had to limp around the house hunched over. I used the walls to support me whenever I could. Sat curled up in the fetal position with my heating pad and zap machine and just tried to survive work. The waves of pain came in regularly the whole day. My eyes blurred a few times and I couldn’t keep food down. I was exhausted.
Saturday was similar. I spent most of the day in bed. I wasn’t able to move at all. The pain was cutting and slicing. I had some near my right ribs also, making breathing difficult. I tried pain medication, heating pad, zap machine, massage and physio. Nothing helped. I finally gave up and laid in bed.
Sunday, today, was much of the same. The flare up has stayed at a level 5-6 on my pain scale. Movement is difficult and going the bathroom is traumatic. Everything I ate, I just threw back up shortly after I tried to eat it. My whole body is aching and sore. I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach while wearing pointy toed heels. It’s the severe pain that’s isolated that I can’t stand. The aches and pains everywhere in my body were nothing compared to the stabbing and first pain.
My husband is away for work and I am alone to handle my flare ups. Sadly, it means I struggle more and do a lot less in my personal life. I basically work, try to feed myself and pray the pain will let up enough I can sleep that night.
Comments
Post a Comment