Pelvic Physiotherapy
I had my first proper Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.
What I experienced on zoom during Covid back in 2020, was NOT anything like what I did at that appointment.
After my appointment with the specialist, I started looking for a pelvic floor therapist. There is not many in my area. I finally was able to get an appointment.
Because the last time I did this, we mostly did stretches on the ground or using the wall. Sometimes with a ball. That is what I thought was going to happen. I have seen Physiotherapy many times before. What I didn’t know, was that my zoom sessions were them just doing the best they could while we were all on lockdown.
I showed up in my leggings all ready to stretch and met the physiotherapist. They were very kind and we had each other laughing and joking in no time. I told them a little about my story and they made some notes.
“Ok please remove your pants and cover yourself with this sheet and lay in the table and I’ll come in when you are ready”
Ummm excuse me what? What are we doing?
Well, it is internal physiotherapy I needed. Because my pelvis muscles are so tense and tight. I won’t go into detail, but that was the worst massage/pap smear I have ever had. It was uncomfortable and invasive. However, I’m sort of used to this by now, so I just tried to make the best of it.
I did notice after my leg felt better and my pain was not as bad. I would need follow up appointments. I may experience some discomfort as this is new for my body. But they believed it would help me in the long run.
As I walked tinny vehicle, I noticed the shooting leg pain I normal have was gone! Completely from my left leg. I walked out very happy and hopeful.
The next morning I woke up feeling good as well. I went to the bathroom(apologies for the details) and noticed I had no pain of any kind while going. The first time in years. I can’t even remember the last time I had no pain. At least 8 years it’s been. I am very positive about this and hoping it helps.
It was eye opening to learn that I did NOT have proper pelvic floor Physiotherapy done before. But that’s okay, we still tried something and in all fairness, the world was turned upside down at that point.
Comments
Post a Comment