Surgery - 6 week post op
For 6 weeks I was very careful. I didn’t want to have any complications.
Over time I felt better. The pain was less and less. I noticed my ability to not have to pee as often disappeared overnight. But, as the weeks passed, the urgency went away. I’m slowly feeling my body go to normal. Or what I assume normal is.
I did feel some pain that felt similar to a mild flare up on my right side. No where close to the pain I experienced before. However, my right leg did not like it and would often go numb.
Finally, my 6 week post op appointment arrived. I was so nervous. I didn’t know if he got it all. If it was worst. Do I need to go back on medication? I had so many questions.
I arrived on time and waited my turned. My mom came with me thankfully. He asked me if I had any concerns. I explained about the voiding issues and the pain in my right side. He then said he could show me photos of what exactly happened and what he found.
Photos?! That was cool! I could see my insides. He circled the areas where the endometriosis was found. I have some on both my right and left side. He was able to show me how much they removed even. Ouch! Basically looked like they cut a Toonie size chunk off of my Bladder area. Two more sections about the size of s traveling Tylenol container. No wonder I was still sore and hurting. It will take some time for all of that to recover 100%. He expressed he believed he got it all and was confident that I would be pain free for 2-3 years. However, with the unpredictability of this chronic illness. I’ll have to leister to my body and pay attention to any changes and pain I notice. I am hopeful I will have at least a few years of pain free or minimal discomfort.
He did want me to continue with my Pelvic Floor therapy. I also booked a follow up appointment for 6 months. I guess I will see what the future may hold! No more blood tests? No more ultra sounds? No more MRIs? At least for 6 months unless I have a concern pop up. What a glorious 6 months this will be!
Comments
Post a Comment