Surgery Post Op- months later

 To say my life has changed is an understatement. The daily pain I used to have, is gone. Poof. Just like that. It’s strange to not have the constant ache. 

I am so much more active now. The baseball team was a huge help because I am out of shape. It’s been years since I was brave enough to try something that physical. I started walking further distances, even body weight exercises. I am eating more and my weight has stayed consistent for the last few months.

It’s been a huge blessing.

Now that’s it’s been months after surgery, I can confidently say, it was not all removed. Occasionally I will still get a flare up. The same spot as before, left pelvis near my hip. My leg will hurt and eclectic shocks. I do the whole routine with heating pads, massages and medication. Eventually it will go away. Before surgery they could last days. Now they seem to stick around for 4-6 hours then disappear and fast as they appeared. 

I’ve tried naproxen, for the first time it does seem to offer some relief. Maybe because they were able to remove so much? I don’t know. But now they seem to help instead of doing nothing. 

I try and stretch more. To get to know my body again. I’m scared to try any movement in fear of pain, because that’s how it was for years. But slowly I’m doing more and more. As long as I don’t have a flare up, I basically have my life back. 

One or two flare ups a week for a few hours each is a trade off I was happy to make, compared to what I was trying to live with before. 

I have a follow up with my surgeon in November. We will see what they say and if anything else may help. I’ll keep tracking my flare ups and how bad they are. 

But I’m not scared to live anymore. For that I am grateful. 

Comments

Popular Posts