Pelvic physio

 I have been doing Pelvic physio for awhile. 

I went to every appointment and endure what I thought was helping me. 

To be fair, I live out in the middle of no where and our resources are limited. The physiotherapist was super nice and I adored her. Sadly she just didn’t have the knowledge or understanding for what my condition needed. So I spent months and a small fortune doing the wrong physio. Use this as a learning moment from me. To do your research, ask questions and follow up with your surgeon to ensure this is correct form of physio you need.

I blindly trusted the process and wasted a lot of time and a lot of money for something that didn’t help. It was very frustrating to learn.

I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon. It had been a year since my incision surgery and it was a basic follow up. They were shocked to hear I was still having the amount of pain I was and how often. They were positive they had removed everything and there was no way it had returned that fast. After a bit of discussion, we finally figured out I was doing the wrong physio. 

I was given the contact information of a physiotherapist they knew did what I needed and I sent out a request to see them. 

I heard back fairly quickly, which is surprising for our area. I booked my appointment and went in. Unsure of what to expect this time around. 

My husband came with me. He wanted to make sure this time around that we asked all the questions we had. Didn’t want to waste anymore time. 

They were very polite and informative. I felt welcomed and at ease. We talked for a little bit about what was causing me pain and where. What I had tried diet wise and everything. They gave me an exam and had me do some stretches and breathing exercises. We came up with a treatment plan that I was to do at home and a follow up appointment.

This time around, I had exercises to do at home, I was explained in detailed what I was doing and why. It wasn’t just them attempting to stretch out a tight muscle or something like before. I was encouraged by that. I felt like it was more of a solution than a band aid. 

I did my exercises every day multiple times a day for two weeks. I returned to my next appointment already positive and hopeful. I already noticed an improvement in my flare up pain and bathroom pain. I found the exercises easier to do than two weeks ago. They examined me again and had me do some more exercises. What I was hopeful was true, they already saw improvement! Finally, an appointment that says I’m doing better! Not just the same. Progress may finally be happening. 

Comments

Popular Posts