Preparing for surgery #3

 I had my follow up appointment with my specialist after the Endometriosis ultrasound. 

It was raining and I was running late. I had mixed up my appointment times again. I got there just in time and sat to wait my turn.

An hour past my appointment time I finally got to see my doctor. They were having a rough day as well.

They confirmed again that Endometriosis was detected and there could be more superficial ones that would not show up. I am a candidate for surgery. 

Sign me up. As expected, the wait time could be a year before I get in. Oh well, at least it’s on the books.

Then they wanted to discuss something new, a hysterectomy. This is something I have been wanting since I was 18, more for the fact I knew back then I didn’t want kids. I didn’t even know I had Endometriosis at the time. Once I was diagnosed, I asked again. I knew there was a chance it could help and I still don’t want kids. But of course, the surgeon said no. I was too young. Could cause early menopause, complications etc. 

My new specialist, who took over for the one who performed my last surgery, thinks I’m a candidate to have a hysterectomy and that it will improve my quality of life. I agree, let’s do this! 

A hysterectomy is the removal of my uterus. Just my uterus. I will still have my ovaries and fallopian tubes. 

The surgery is more invasive and a longer recovery period.

But I have lots of time to prepare. I don’t even have an official date of surgery yet. 

Back to waiting I go. 

Comments

Popular Posts