The frustration of doctors

 I am lucky to have an Endometriosis specialist. I know that and am aware of how lucky I am. I am very grateful that I have appointments to go to where I can actually talk to a specialist.

However, want to know what’s not great? Is the amount of times I am rebooked for appointments. I can safely say I am rebooked for every appointment I have had for the last few years with my specialist. I have to make arrangements at work and also arrange a ride. Then they rebook me and I have to cancel and find someone else and do the process again. No consideration to my personal and professional life at all. As if this illness is not already affecting my everyday life, now I have to navigate the constant rebooking and looking like a fool to co workers, friends and family. Why is it okay for doctors to have us wait and wait for our scheduled appointment times? But if I showed up late they charge me and cancel my appointment? The double standards and hypocrisy is frustrating to see. 

But there is so few specialist and doctors in Canada. So shut up and smile. Don’t you dare express your frustration. Because they can drop you like a patient without a second thought. 

Even a good doctor seems to have no regards to our personal life. Forget our professional life, it seems our time means little to them. But their time should mean the world to us, which yes it does! So show us some respect back. 

Comments

Popular Posts